My Rates, Terms and Conditions:
A few guidelines!
- Voice-over rates are based on a number of variables: the medium (radio, television, internet), the market (local, national, international), the length, the nature, and the use of the audio;
- Rates can be determined per project, length of script, or per word;
- The more specific you are about what you want, the easier it is to give you an informed quote, and the read you need;
- The prices below are “starting at” rates.
- Remember I'm always happy to provide a free sample before confirming a booking!
For corporate/web/explainer videos, my basic session fee (starting fee) is £200. This has VAT already included, and also covers:
- To voice and edit my reads so you have a clean, produced and broadcast quality audio file.
- Studio hire.
- 'Non-broadcast' usage on: client website / client social media channels / internal training / eLearning.
- Retakes in case of errors.
- Option to listen in via Skype. Source Connect, ISDN and ipDTL also available but require 2-3 days notice as it involves a separate studio.
- Supply of fully edited voiceover tracks in broadcast-quality WAV format (or other format of your choice).
- Free retakes, as long as they are not necessitated by changes in the script after the initial audio was recorded. The recording of a script that was revised after the first text was officially approved and recorded, is regarded and billed as a new project.
Depending upon the size of the job/client and if the work will be extensively used on the web, then usage could be added on top, at 100% of the session fee per 3 months.
My latest demos can be downloaded on my clips page, here:
Payment Terms and Conditions:
Once my services have been officially engaged, the agreed fee is payable within 30 days of invoice via bank transfer. Payment via Paypal must be agreed in advance, and will incur a 6% charge to cover their fees.
If you think payment could take longer than 30 days, then this must be agreed to in advance. If outstanding payment exceeds thirty days without prior agreement, fees will be applied to the total as per the Late Payment of Commercial Debt Act of 2002.
Revisions - Terms and Conditions:
With self-directed sessions (when you will not be listening in to me as I record), I will normally send you a sample to approve, or ask you to cite one of my previous projects as a guide to how you want me to voice your project. Assuming that the approach has been agreed - if you aren't 100% happy with the submitted recording afterwards, I am happy to attempt again until you are completely satisfied. If script changes are made after the recording, I will charge a revision fee. This fee will be proportionate to the extent of the changes made to the script, so feel to raise this before recording takes place if you want to discuss a particular project.
With directed sessions (where you have listened in and provided feedback during the recording), I will give you a copy of every take recorded during the session, so you can pick and choose what you want. We will have agreed in advance how long the session should be to cover everything in your project, and confirmed a price accordingly. If the session necessitates going over the agreed time, then I will charge according to my basic studio fee rate of £200 per hour unless verbally agreed during the session. This would be a minimum of £50 for up to 15 minutes, £100 for an extra half hour, or payment for the full hour for any longer.
Once you have agreed I can send you an invoice for payment - the project is approved. Any further changes, either to the script or project, would have to be negotiated and billed as an new order.